Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tracking Calories

Would you believe me if I told you that a Nutrition Professor at Kansas State University lost 27 pounds in 60 days on a "Twinkie Diet"?? Well it's true! Click here to read the article.

I don't think this is a diet to go on by any means, but I love the results: if you burn more calories then you eat, you'll lose weight. I've always been a firm believer in "all things in moderation" rather then depriving yourself of foods you love.

So even if you're not in it to lose weight, keeping track of your calories will help you maintain your weight and stay healthy. Try this: register at http://www.thedailyplate.com/.

Registration is free, and the site gives you an estimate of how many calories you should be obtaining every day, and an easy way to track those calories. Try it, I dare you!

{And if you're pregnant, like me, you get to add 300 calories a day to your daily calorie intake. *smile*}


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I need this! Ah!! Jake and I are SOO unhealthy! I really do need to track my calories. Thanks for the info. Love the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog! And, the twinkie diet starts tomorrow. Except I hate twinkies. Can it be oreos instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not recommend the twinkie diet. It may help you lose weight in the short term, but it holds no nutritional value and will help create bad habits. Your best bet is to use a calorie counter to keep track of a proper diet, combined with an exercise plan that fits your skill level.

    ReplyDelete