Saturday, November 13, 2010

How to clean your face NATURALLY



Mainstream skin care products have always bothered my skin. Have you ever looked at the ingredients in your skin care products? Try something for me: look on the back of your face wash and look at the ingredients. Here is just a few of the most common chemicals that you do not want in your products: Propylene glycol, Mineral Oil, Sodium laurel, Laureth sulfate, Collagen and Elastin, Parabens and Alcohols, Benzophenone, Triethanolamine.

Not long ago I read about the OCM (The Oil Cleansing Method) and decided to give it a try. Why? Because I love the idea of naturally cleansing, no harsh chemicals or weird ingredients on skin. It seems so...right!

It might sound a little odd to clean your face with oil, especially if you have oily skin. But it turns out that oil, alone, will not bring you blemishes. Your skin naturally produces oil because it needs it. It naturally happens.

So I have started using the OCM, and so far I love it! It works like a charm! A lot of people use the OCM twice a day, morning and night. I have found it works best for me just once a night, and in the mornings I use a little Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and OLAY moisturizer. I know that everyone has different skin types, but I highly recommend giving this a try! After just one cleanse I noticed my face was smoother, and even glowing. It's fabulous!

Here is how the OCM works:

1. Make your cleanser - I use a combination of 50/50 castor oil and EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Some people have raved about almond oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and flaxseed oil. I haven't tried any of those yet, I'm sure I will soon...

2. Gently rub it in - I use about a quarter size and massage it all over on my face. I don't use any water first, just apply it dry. It's recommended to massage the oil for at least a minute, but longer does no harm!

3. Steam your face - Take a washcloth and wet it with hot water, then put it over your face for a minute. This steams out your pours and removes impurities. I love this part, it's like a mini facial every night!

4. Wipe off the oil - Rinse the washcloth out and then gently wipe off the oil. (Make sure you don't miss any spots when wiping it off!)

That's it, you're done. Your face will immediately feel smoother. Most say they don't use a moisturizer after this, and I can see that you really don't need one. BUT I still use my moisturizer just because I can't ever get my face smooth enough!

{If you want to read more on this from an experts website go to: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/}





Soon I'm going to buy some coconut oil and start using it as a shower gel. {Again, read the ingredients in your showering products!} I'm sold on the Oil Cleansing Method. I'm excited to have found such a great result with a natural way to cleanse!

I want feedback-Let me know if you try it and what you think!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment